KAP IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR FAMILIES
KAP sites will remain open whenever possible. However, if school closes prior to, during, or right after the regular school day due to weather, or if Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) is activated, or if there is a school site emergency, then KAP will also close. ACRA is unable to credit childcare fees for such days (unless these days qualify for a state of emergency and exceed three school days.) Please, check your Parent Square app or school’s website for information about school closures, they will apply to our programs as well.
Should hazardous conditions develop during the day, parents are to call ACRA’s office or cell phone of KAP programs supervisor Sophie Starostina (209)728-7005 to determine if and when KAP will be closing. We might need to call and inform you about the need to pick up your child early due to the emergency as well. Please, be ready to cooperate, should early closure be necessary, to maintain the safety of the children and staff. Always keep your emergency info with us up-to-date with the correct phone numbers and persons authorized to pick up your child. In the event of a school closure, parents and/or emergency contacts will be notified by KAP site instructors.
ACRA’s Kids Afternoon Programs are closed on the following holidays:
- 9/4 Labor Day
- 10/16-20th Fall School Break (Full Day School Break Camp Program is available with separate registration)
- 11/10 Veterans Day
- 11/22-25th Thanksgiving Holiday
- 12/22-25th Christmas Holiday
- 12/26-29th Winter School Break (Full Day Winter Camp Program is available with separate registration)
- 12/31-1/2 New Year’s Holiday
- 1/2-5th Winter School Break (Full Day Winter Camp Program is available with separate registration)
- 1/15 MLK Jr. Birthday
- 2/19 Presidents Day
- 3/11-15th Spring Break (Full Day Spring Camp Program is available with separate registration)
- 5/27 Memorial Day